Historically, Jabalpur (MP) was the center of the Kalachuri and Gond dynasties, located in picturesque Narmada valley. It has unmatched natural beauty and tourist places in and around city. If we look around the city, we can find that Jabalpur is surrounded by rocky hills of Granite stone & sand-stone. It is known for stunning Marble rocks at Bhedaghat where Narmada river passes through narrow gorge before cascading down at massive foggy waterfall called Dhuandhar.
Tourist attractions of Jabalpur
1) Madan Mahal, a fort built by the Gondi king Madansahi in 1116
2) Rani Durgawati Museum, built in 1964 to commemorate Rani Durgavati. The museum hosts ancient relics, sculptures and a collection of items related to Mahatma Gandhi.
3) Dumna Nature Reserve Park. Good for birdwatchers, it houses Khandari Dam which is a source of drinking water to the city and has many crocodiles.
4) Dhuandhar Falls and Marble Rocks in Bhedaghat are 15 kilometers (9.3 mi) from the city. Boat rides on Narmada river specially in moonlight, flowing through the breathtakingly beautiful Marble Rocks.
5) Kachnar City, known for a 76-feet high Shiva statue housing a cavern with replicas of Shiva lingas from 12 shrines nationwide.
6) Tilwara Ghat, location of the Tilwadeshwar temple and where Gandhi’s ashes were immersed.
7) Jilehri Ghat, a swimming and picnic spot.
8) Osho Ashram Supatal, where Rajneesh was enlightened.
9) Chounshath Yogni-Shiva Parvati Temple – Ancient hilltop circular Yogini temple with 95 Yogini sculptures.
10) Pisanhari Ki Madiya, a historic Jain pilgrimage near Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College.
11) Nandishwardeep (Madiyaji):This Jain temple is considered as one of the profound and amazing temples in Central India in Modern times.
12) Hanumantal Bada Jain Mandir, a 17th-century Jain temple
How to reach Jabalpur
Air: Jabalpur is connected by flight from capital of India i.e. New Delhi. Here daily flight operates between Jabalpur – Delhi. By small charter plane it is connected with Bhopal and Indore.
Train: Jabalpur is a major railway station in Central India for railways.railway connectivity of Jabalpur railway station is very good with rest of the cities and tourist destinations of India like Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Pune, etc.
If you find this post useful, please share and leave your valuable feedback in the comment box.
Subscribe for further travel update